Thursday, January 20, 2011

Breaking Balls! Melo-Deal is Off!


(I know I'm sick, and I'm not supposed to blog. But this is breaking news!)

Russian billionaire and Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov flew in to Jersey to supposedly continue negotiations and personally talk with the All-Star Carmelo Anthony. What he did instead was to call-off the deal.
"I'm not happy with the way ... this deal has gone until now, It has taken too long. It has been played out in public and it certainly has taken a toll on the players and I believe that it has cost us several games. I think management did a great job, but there comes a time when the price is simply too expensive. I'm instructing our team to walk away from the deal."
You heard (read) it folks. Those are the words of Prokhorov. The supposed deal would have sent Carmelo Anthony, along with teammates Chauncey Billups and Shelden Williams to the Nets, for Devin Harris, rookie Derick Favors, Anthony Morrow, Ben Uzoh, Quinton Ross, and Stephen Graham. The deal would have also sent Pistons players Rip Hamilton and injured rookie Terrico White to New Jersey, for Troy Murphy and Johan Petro. Now all those Melo-Drama hoopla seem dead.

Melo's agents have recently talked to the Chicago and New York camp, but no trade seems imminent.

And the saga continues... Demmit.

No comments:

Post a Comment