Monday, January 10, 2011

How the Ball Balls Dropped: One Lucky Daye


I thought I loved balls. This guy makes me feel like I don't know love at all. 
Lovin' to the HNL y'all! (Ho' Nutha' Level)

76ers (109), Pistons (112) OT
Philadelphia was up three less than 6 seconds in the game, when Lou Williams, an 82% FT shooter, was fouled for two freebees. He clanked both, and Daye made him pay. Austin Daye catched a McGrady inbound and swished a game tying three. He then went on to start the extra period with another three and a dunk, and the Pistons held on to thwart a final rally from Philly. (Wow. I just realized that I write in a more serious tone when I'm a bit tipsy. Just went home from a party. And, well, there.)

Celtics (79), Bulls (90)
My theory seems to be right. As brilliant as D-Rose was in this game, singlehandedly manhandling anything that Boston put in front of him, I do believe Boston is starting to hold back now. Just like what they did last year in preparation for the playoffs. (Oh my frickin gee. I'm writing like it's a report paper or somethin'. So I'm crazier when I'm sober??)

Magic (117), Mavericks (107)
The streak is now at nine for Stan Van Gundy's crew. Even after struggling early, the Magic just needed time to settle in the game and again got a lot of contribution from all over the roster. Hedo Turkoglu got a season high 17 assists and almost everyone SVG fielded in got into double figures (Redick just missed it with 9pts). (I am starting to scare me. Quick! Ugh, <insert game related joke here>)

Grizzlies (100), Thunder (109)
Memphis finally hit a brick wall, and the wall's name was Kevin Durant. (Wall's name is still John though) Durantula lead Oklahoma with 40pts to put a stop to the Grizzlies' current 3game win streak. (Ahh, finally, the first side-comment parenthesis for the day. I'm gettin it back y'all)

Wizards (89), Bobcats (104)
The Wizards remain winless away from the Verizon Center. And the culprit for the continuation of their road woes, Gerald Henderson (The basketball player. Not to be confused with this guy).

Pacers (93), Hawks (108)
Al Horford, Josh Smith and Joe Johnson all got 6 assists in this game. Looks like that motion offense thingy is workin'. And, uhm, nothing. Nope, I got nothing else. Even the yahoo sports recap had little to say about this game. The "NOTES" part only had one line.

Bucks (115), Nets (92)
First, Lebron James scorched Cleveland. Then Amar'e punished Phoenix. And now, CDR-King (I just added the King part) made his former team pay. It was a payback of sorts for Chris Douglas-Roberts, who claimed a victory as a present for his 24th birthday. The Bucks missed Bogut, but Kim-Jong-Ilyasova more than made up for the center spot production. (I need more nicknames. I gotta at least be at par with mah' boy Patricky Rubio's nicknamin' bonanza)

Jazz (103), Rockets (99) OT
Millsap saves the day again for Utah. The Jazz were down by double digits by halftime, and Millsap scored only 4pts through 3quarters. Well, no one ever wins after three anyway. Millsap lead Utah's final rally to give them the lead in the closing seconds of regulation. Kevin Martin sent it to overtime with two freethrows, but it was all Millsap the rest of the way in the extra period. Blaasdfnalsdfowef. (Wondrin' what that was? Well, no one really reads up to the last part anyway. So, say "I am Batman!" in the comments below if ever you read that mumbled word and made it up to here)

No comments:

Post a Comment