Monday, January 24, 2011

How the Ball Balls Dropped: An Open Letter to the Denver Nuggets (that includes you Carmelo)

Yes, you. You're Carmelo, and you're still a Denver Nugget.

Pacers (107), Nuggets (121)

Dear Denver Nuggets,

Before LeBron started putting up his MVP numbers, I was actually on the Melo bandwagon since the draft of '03. Even in my NBA Live Dynasties, I always traded for Melo on whatever team I used. And along with Anthony, the whole Nuggets team actually started to grow on me. J.R, K-Mart, Nene, and of course, my current favorite player The Birdman. You were my favorite team, second only to the Kings. I even liked the Iverson trade, coz' A.I. was my fave player back then.

And so this I ask of you, as a fan, as a believer...

Can we just pretend that nothing ever happened, and try to give the Lakers a scare this season? And to you, Melo-man, could you just sign the extension? I mean, we can make this work! K-Mart would be off the books next season (if there actually is a next season) and I'm sure he'd be more than willing to accept a cheaper contract. J.R.'s a bit of a headcase at times, but I'm sure you guys can keep him in check. And you guys might be worrying a bit about Nene opting out. But why would he opt out if you guys could make a run at it?

Just look at today's game. Well, Indiana isn't much of a measuring stick, but hey. A win is a win, and a blowout is a blowout. Look at what you did to a Heat team that had both Wade and Bosh! Just think about the possibilities. And it isn't like your window of opportunity is just this year. You got Ty for your future when Chauncey decides to call it quits.

So please, please do consider this option. All is not lost yet. I believe that the Larry O'Brien trophy is still within reach for the city a mile high.

Sincerely,

Manong Jinnobili

P.S. You scared the crap out of the Lakers when your back-up point guard was Anthony Carter. Now Ty's gettin' some burn, and you even have Al Harrington. Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment