Monday, January 3, 2011

How the Ball Balls Dropped: Champs, Chomped, Churned, Chastised? (for aliteration's sake)



Grizzlies (104), Lakers (85)
That's right Gasols, exactly my reaction when I saw the final score. The Lakers look tired. A bunch of JSA defense throughout the game (Just Standing Around). Kobe tried to take over, getting the Lakers within 2 at the third quarter, but he just never got enough help to topple the team effort of the Griz. May I suggest a players-only meeting?

Rockets (85), Trailblazers (100)
Well this was a bummer. I guess I underestimated the Portlanders in my Bets-Log post. I forgot how resilient this team is despite the countless injuries. It also helps that Houston was without centers Yao Ming (7'6") and Chuck Hayes (6'6") You read that right, the top two centers of Houston are one foot apart.

Hawks (107), Clippers (98)
The Clips were actually up big early, but the Hawks came up big late. Two late threebees from Josh Smith helped seal the deal. And thousands of blackbirds dropped dead in Arkansas. Just thought I'd share. That's freaky stuff!

Celtics (93), Raptors (79)
On my defense, I did not know Rondo would be back! Okay, okay, I'll save that for todays Bets-Log. Going back to the game, a career high for DeRozan with 27pts. But the Celts were just better all around with Allen, Pierce and Big Baby picking up the slack. However! Cross your fingers Bostoners (Bostonians? Bostonites?), Pierce landed awkwardly on a breakaway jam late in the game when the outcome was already decided, and did not come back. No reports on it yet, but keep your tabs on that one folks.

Mavericks (104), Cavaliers (95)
The Mavs were injured, but at least they had depth. The bench of Dallas could start for Cleveland right now. Not to mention the Cavs inserting who-the-hell players, Manny Harris, Alonzo Gee and Christian Eyenga in their rotation. Varejao and Gibson continue to be out for Cleveland, but at least they got Mo Will back, who played hurt and came up with 5pts in 33minutes. Things could only get better Cleveland fans.

Suns (89), Kings (94)
This makes me sorry I dumped Cousins in my fantasy league. The rookie tallied 13 of his 28pts in the final canto, that rallied his team from 12pts down with only 5minutes remaining in the game. The Kings have now won 2 of their last three. Which sounds good, except for the fact that it just makes them 7-25 now.

Pacers (92), Knicks (98)
The Pacers just never had an answer for Amar'e Stoudemire. He bullied his way inside, especially whenever smaller defenders like James Posey were on him. (what the hell was that Jim O'Brien?! Posey on STAT?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment